Having previously had a successful career in sales, marketing and business development and business management, I worked long hours and travelled extensively throughout the UK and Europe. During this time I regularly immersed myself in my yoga practice to alleviate the effects of my busy life and stressful career and to release the accumulated tensions from my body. Like many people, I had that recurring thought “there must be more to life than this!” which eventually led me to take a very different path and establish Aditi Yoga Centre in 2003 and a few years later Aditi Holistic Health Centre, both in Edinburgh, UK.
I have been practicing yoga and meditation for over 30 years now, thoroughly enjoying exploring the physical and the spiritual aspects of yoga and experiencing many different “styles” of yoga and meditation around the world. I took my first teacher training course in 2003 with the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre and I now have 19 years experience of sharing the teachings of yoga and meditation.
After my initial teacher training, I went on to take further trainings & certifications:
- Yoga Teacher Training Course ~ Sivananada Yoga Vedanta Centre ~ 2003
- Perinatal Yoga (Antenatal and Postnatal) ~ Birthlight ~ 2003
- Yin Yoga ~ Sarah Powers ~ 2004
- Yoga for Children & Teenagers ~ YogaBugs/Yoga’d Up ~ 2006
- “Relax & Renew” Restorative Yoga ~ Judith Hanson Lasater ~ 2009
- Yoga for Anxiety ~ Judith Hanson Lasater ~ 2009
- Yin Yoga ~ Paul Grilley ~ 2010
- Yoga Psychology ~ Dr Uma Krishnamurty ~ 2011
- Mind Calm Meditation ~ Sandy Newbigging ~ 2013
- Ascension Meditation Teacher Training Course ~ 6 months Jun-Nov 2013
- Yoga for Postnatal Recovery ~ Uma Dinsmore-Tuli ~ 2014
- Pilates Instructor Training ~ 2015
- Pilates for Pregnancy & Postnatal ~ Body Control Pilates ~ 2016
- Mindfulness Diploma ~ 2017
- Living the 8 Limbs of Yoga ~ Janet Stone ~ 2018
- Back Care Immersion ~ Judith Hanson Lasater ~ 2019
- Slow Flow & Restorative Yoga ~ Janet Stone ~ 2019
- Experiential Anatomy ~ Judith Hanson Lasater ~ 2020
I am a member of the British Wheel of Yoga and continue my CPD (Continuous Professional Development) studies on an ongoing basis with world renowned teachers of various yoga traditions, such as Vinyasa Yoga with Seane Corn, Shiva Rea and Claire Missingham, Iyengar Yoga with Tias Little, Kundalini Yoga with Maya Fiennes, Hatha Yoga with Nawajyoti & Venkatesh, Hormone Yoga with Kathrin Worner.
I have been teaching yoga and meditation classes since 2003, drawing on my extensive experience of different traditions. I seek to provide students with a safe, supportive environment in which to explore, enjoy and develop their own daily yoga and spiritual practice.
Yoga is much more than a physical practice – it’s a way of life!
In addition to teaching yoga and meditation, I am also qualified in various holistic therapies:
- Reiki I Course ~ 2000 and Reiki II Course ~ 2001
- Certificate in Practical Hypnotherapy ~ 2006
- Certificate in Advanced Hypnotherapy ~ 2006
- Master Practitioner of Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP) ~ 2006
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy ~ 2006
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) ~ 2006
- HypnoBirthing® ~ The Mongan Method ~ 2006
- Certified HypnoFertility® Consultant ~ Lynzi Eastman ~ 2008
- Mind Detox Method ~ Sandy Newbigging ~ 2009
- Birth by Hypnosis ~ Karen Riley ~ 2010
- Certificate in Thai Massage ~ 2010
- Thai Massage (Northern Style) ~ Chang Mai ~ 2013
- Thai Reflexology ~ Chang Mai ~ 2014
- Seated Acupressure Back Massage Massage ~ 2016
- Swedish Massage ~ 2018
- Deep Tissue & Myofascial Release Massage ~ 2018
Throughout all of my “work”, I aim to live by what I have learned through my studies and share my joy and gratitude for this life with others.