Information for classes/workshops
- Please arrive in good time for your class/workshop, but no more than 10 minutes before the start. If there is an earlier class still in progress when you arrive, we ask that you remain silent until the studio door is opened.
- It is important that you bring your own yoga mat or mat towel or other suitable cover to place over our studio mats. If you wish to hire or buy one from us, please contact us to request one in advance of the class/workshop.
- Please always wash your hands with soap and hot water, or use hand sanitiser, before and after the class.
- If you’re feeling unwell or showing signs of symptoms of colds/flu, stomach upset or any other illness, please consider taking the time to rest & recover completely before returning to the studio to prevent spread of diseases.
- Wear comfortable clothing, (e.g. leggings or shorts and t-shirt) which does not restrict your breathing or movement. Remove outdoor footwear and place on the shoe racks as soon as you come into the studio. It is also recommended that you remove your watch and jewellery. Storage shelves are provided for all your bags and belongings.
- It is advisable to practice yoga on an empty stomach and an empty bladder. Allow 3-4 hours digestion after a large meal and 1-2 hours after a smaller meal. If you do need to eat before a class, try to eat only a small amount of light and easily digestible food (for example, raw vegetables or fruit)
- If you are menstruating it is advisable to avoid inverted postures, please ask the teacher for an alternative.
- If you are pregnant, suffer from very high blood pressure, chronic heart disease, retinal problems, epilepsy, have a joint replacement or recently undergone any major surgery, it is wise to consult your doctor prior to beginning a yoga programme.
- Please inform the teacher if you have any of the above or any other issues that you feel should be raised.
- Listen to your own body and don’t force yourself into any of the postures. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else – yoga is not competitive. Practising 2 to 3 times a week is the ideal.
- If you find that you cannot attend the class/workshop that you have booked in for, please give at least 24 hours notice of any changes, so that your place can be re-allocated to someone else, otherwise full payment is due.
Information for private appointments
- A deposit may be requested in advance of the appointment.
- If you have to cancel an appointment, please give at least 24 hours notice to avoid a 50% cancellation fee.
- All treatments are to be paid for in full either in cash at the time of the appointment, or in advance by bank transfer.
- All information received is treated in strict confidence. Clients must inform of any changes in health following an initial consultation.